Saturday 10 January 2015

Fern Green M3W to Kloof.

Freddie de Kock and family live in a beautiful house in Kloof. Those who regularly drive to Durban will have noticed the Kloof turn-off from the N2. Freddie drives a Ferrari, a GT3 RS and others.

Jacqui and I drove down to Natal, a couple of weeks back, stayed with Chris & Jane in Ballito for a night (Thank you very much guys) and delivered Freddie's new Fern Green Morgan Three Wheeler to him the next day. It looked right parked amongst the exotics in his immaculate garage. I can't tell you how just right the car looks in Fern Green.

No all as simple as it sounds, I got us lost somewhere in a fairly dodgy part of Durban - You know those areas - where everyone seems more friendly than usual. The reaction to the Three Wheeler was astounding. I would say 100 pics were taken of the car in the hour or so we drove around that very populated area. I can't think my rugged good looks were the reason. A bus stopped at the lights next to me. 6 people jumped off and took pictures before scrambling back onto the bus.

A fellow in a Fiesta ST came over to take a pic while I had the map unfurled and offered to guide us. He had a GPS so we accepted his offer with delight. I heard from Freddie who was on his way home from the airport having just landed from Mauritius. He met us at a garage and we followed him home to Kloof. Many miles from where I thought we should be.

Such a delight the car is on the freeway. Bags of grunt and very responsive.
I could easily get used to this!

Freddie we wish you the best. I know you will have great fun with the car.

No comments: